Cell (902) 441-8087 IM. Skype dmcneil55
- Spectatorship in Early Modern England: Interpreting English Culture, 1500-1780. Montreal/Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2019. Order at MQUP.
- Biography of Gerry McNeil & Sports Media History, In the Pressure of the Moment: Remembering Gerry McNeil -- Press Release
. Order from your local bookstore or online (Indigo).
Author donates $500 to KidSport as the first instalment of proceeds of In the Pressure of the Moment to the National Organization dedicated to the involvement of children in organized sport.
Thanks to all those who came out for the Book Tour!!
Press Coverage and Events for In the Pressure of the Moment
-Spectatorship in Early Modern England. (with Ron Huebert) See book above and Engl. 5276 below
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature
- Jacobitism (specifically the Memoirs of the Chevalier James Johnstone (with Drïss Aissaoui)
- murals (narrativity and self-likenesses), British Murals Subgroup
- Teaching in an WWW environment
- Satire, the novel, Sports Literature (Hockey)
- Sports Photography
- Fictionalization of America (the eighteenth-century English novel)
- War and the Arts
- South Sea Bubble (The Bubble Project)
- theory of the Spectacle (Debord's The Society of the Spectacle (1967); see also the film, and Comments on the Society of the Spectacle (1988)
- sports literature, Hockey in Print (HIP): Bibliography of Writing on Hockey, over 900 items! Searchable (use the FIND function on your Browser).
- Selected Publications
- Recent Conference Papers
- Other Lectures/Presentations/Interviews
Last Updated: 3 May 2020